This school is more in depth than a high performance driving school and is aimed at people who want to race wheel-to-wheel. You will learn race craft from some of the best amateur road racers in Canada. Car control, how to overtake, how to be overtaken, how to have the most fun you can have in a car. Atlantic Motorsports Park is one of the most challenging road race courses in Canada with the greatest elevation as well. It will challenge both driver and car.
When : May 5&6, 2023
Atlantic Motorsports Park (classroom session Friday evening TBA)
266 Racetrack Rd, Mill Village, NS B0N 2H0
- (mandatory) classroom session Friday night
- one-on-one driver training sessions all day Saturday
- lunch Saturday
- novice race license( to get you started)
- full competition license( after successfully completing 3 weekends with no major incidents)
- a school race where you will compete with novices and experienced racers.
- entry fee for Sunday’s races.
- a grin on your face!!😁
Needed for Training
- a safe car with 2 seats that is fairly quiet inside (for the one-on-one training).
- lots of fuel, there is none available on site (and you will burn a lot.)
- no electric or hybrid cars, sorry.
- helmet rated at Snell SA2010 or newer.
Needed for School Race/Race Day/Competing
- ARMS-inspected race car (tech inspection can occur on your training day)
- full set of driver safety gear as per Regional Road Racing General Competition Rules Section 5 (but reading the whole document certainly would not hurt.).
You will need to have the following forms completed:
- ARMS Medical Form (To be completed by a Physician)
- AMP Medical Information Form (Kept on board by the safety team at AMP)
- ARMS Race License Application
- Etransfer to Treasurer@armsinc.ca, cheque, or cash in person.
- Paperwork to Race@armsinc.ca
- Please also submit a headshot (selfie) for your license
- Registration closes April 28,2023
- Payment will be accepted no later than May 5, 2023 at the classroom
We strongly encourage you to be well-rested. This is a high intensity weekend that will go far faster than you realize, and take a lot more out of you than you think.
Most importantly: have fun! That’s why we are all here – to enjoy a shared passion for motorsports.
If you have any other questions you can reach me at RACE@ARMSINC.ca
James Whitman ARMS Race Director