The procedures for this years AGM and Admin workshop will be the same as 2020. While not ideal, it worked reasonably well last year and we expect will be similar this year.
- A roll call of voting members will be taken at the beginning of the meeting. If you are a voting member attending online please indicate so in the chat.
- Due to the mixed in-person and online nature of this year’s meeting, the structure of the communication will be as follows. We appreciate your patience in this process. We’re all figuring it out as we go along.
- ○ Each Agenda Item will be presented by the executive.
- ○ Comments and questions will be opened to the floor and then online one person at a time.
- ○ Online questions or comments can be written in the form of chat messages at any time and will be read out individually when appropriate. Please try to make your entire question or statement in one message to make it easier to pass on.
- ○ Voting representatives will be given precedence, followed by non-voting members.
- ○ If you would like to speak please indicate this in a chat message and you will be acknowledged in turn. Please note that it can be very difficult to carry on extended ‘around the room’ discussions. We may need to keep things to ‘statement’ ‘response’ type exchanges.
- ○ Please keep your microphones muted unless its your turn to speak. We’re not trying to stifle conversation but it is very difficult to manage parallel online and in-person communication. We’ll be doing our best to make sure everyone has their chance to say their piece. If you need to make an important statement please ask in the chat.
- ○ Regular motions will be voted on via the chat with each voting member stating their club and their vote. e.g. ‘ASCC votes Aye’, abstaining votes should also be explicit.
- ○ Should the need for a silent vote arise procedures have been arranged. This will be addressed should the situation present itself.
- ○ If you experience any technical difficulties please indicate so in the chat. If you are a voting member and can’t connect or otherwise functionally participate in the meeting please contact Gordon at 902-495-6443. Sorry, we can only assist members carrying votes with connecting. We don’t have the resources to offer general connection support.
Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding. We’ll make it all work!
Here is the link for access to the on-line meetings:
Admin Meeting – Admin Meeting Access
This meeting runs from 8:30am – 10:00am Saturday November 20
AGM – AGM Access
This meeting runs from 9:00am – 11:00am Sunday November 21