The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:39 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Hello!

BAC's next navigational car rally, the Musquodoboit Midwinter Car Rally, will be run on Saturday, January 27th, 2018 (Previously was Jan 13, 2018).
Starts at 1500hrs in Elmsdale at Sobeys and will end approximately 2100hrs in Elmsdale at Pizza Delight.

This is an evening rally in hopefully the snow, so please be prepared for the weather.

Organizers are Jim Theriault, Sonia Meadows, and Ian Pearce!

To view the Supp Regs, check out Bluenose Autosport Clubs website: http://bluenoseautosport.ca/sample-page ... o-results/
A facebook event can be found on Facebook's BAC page.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:26 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

We are getting closer to the date!

We'll start our normal entry list in a separate thread. Please let us know IN THIS thread if you attending, and stay tuned for updates.

A proper rally has a lot of logistics behind it. We ask that you let us know if you can make it with some certainty. There will be printing of route books and timing data that needs to be given to the route team, so it's important we know who will be attending. We'd hate for someone to come and there not be enough route books!

Having said that, we will have extra's on hand, and we will do our best to accommodate late entries.

So! It's a Winter TSD, who's in? :P

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS????"

"Great, now we're gonna get frikken' yelled at....."
"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:12 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

I'm in. I believe I have a driver/co-driver. We still need to decide which is which and which class.

Is this posted and publicised on Facebook as an event as well. I suspect it'll get more views and shares there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:53 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

The navex is this coming Saturday! All are welcome to come out and go for a scenic Saturday night drive through the Musquodoboit Valley! Starting at the Elmsdale Sobey's community room, registration opens at 3pm.

All details can be found on the BAC website and there is a Facebook event as well (see the BAC FB page) http://bluenoseautosport.ca/sample-page/tsd-rally/tsd-rally-event-info-results/.

Reminder, it'll be dark while you are driving so bring a light so your navigator can read the instructions!

Cheers, Sonia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:42 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

WEATHER STATEMENT

Please keep a watch on this board or the Facebook event page. An interesting weather system is being forcast. Any decisions on a possible delay will be made as the event gets closer.

Dangerous or Adverse conditions may yield a postponement.

-The Organizers

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:20 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Ian Pearce wrote:
WEATHER STATEMENT

Dangerous or Adverse conditions may yield a postponement.

-The Organizers

Awww darn! I was looking forward to putting the studded tires to use on country roads... Had a blast last time we did a NavX in Musquidboit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:10 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

You may still get your chance Dustin. Keep monitoring here or BAC Facebook site for updates on the event status.

The Organizers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:02 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Sonia Meadows wrote:
You may still get your chance Dustin. Keep monitoring here or BAC Facebook site for updates on the event status.

The Organizers

We reluctantly have decided to postpone the event due to the weather forecast. We will post the new date shortly.

The Organizers

1990 Audi 90 (Rally)
2010 Ford F150 / 2002 Subaru Impreza RS (NavX) / 1999 BMW 540i / 1985.5 Porsche 944
2003 Subaru Impreza TS (NavX) / 2002 Nissan Maxima (sold)
2014 Kawasaki KLR 650 / 1986 Yamaha SRX / 1982 Honda Ascot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:38 am 
1st Gear
1st Gear

Thanks to the delay, i am available. Would there be an extra spot available for a super late entry?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:13 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

We surely can accommodate now.

New date being looked at is the 27th I believe?