ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 am 

Events #2 and 3 of the 2012 ARMS Time Attack Regional Championship

September 2nd and 3rd 2012 at Atlantic Motorsport Park, Shubenacadie NS brought to you by the Atlantic Sports Car Club.

This event is sanctioned by ASN Canada FIA and will be held in accordance with the ASN Canada FIA SoloSport General Competition Rules, the 2012 ASN Canada FIA National Time Attack Regulations, these supplementary regulations, and any ASN Canada FIA bulletins or event supplementary bulletins.

This event will run rain or shine!

We need a minimum of 16 competitors pre-registered to proceed with this event! If we do not have the minimum number of competitors pre-registered before 08-26-2012 this event will be CANCELED

PLEASE NOTE: PRE-REGISTRATION DOES NOT REQUIRE PAYMENT. IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT YOU NEED TO FILL OUT THE FORM ONLINE OR CONTACT AN ORGANIZER BY PHONE OR EMAIL AND MAKE A COMMITMENT THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BE ATTENDING, AND THAT YOU WILL PAY ON SITE.

This event will be a NON-PASSING Time Attack!

--Event Location--
Atlantic Motorsport Park

Directions: -
Take Exit 10 off Highway 102, and head into Shubenacadie (2.3km) -At the stop sign, turn hard right onto West Indian Road (watch for the sign: Indian Brook / Mill Village / McPhee's Corner) -Drive 2.6km, keep right (Look for the Motorsport Park sign) -Drive 2km, turn right onto North Salem Rd (Look for the North Salem / Atlantic Motorsport Park sign) -After 2.6km, the road will change to gravel. Drive on gravel road for another 2.2km -Turn Right onto Race Track Rd (Look for the Atlantic Motorsport Park sign) -Follow this road (1.2km) until you reach the Atlantic Motorsport Park gates
Check out AMP’s web site at http://www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com for more about AMP

--Event Officials--
Chief Organizer – Taylor MacArthur (ASCC SoloSport Director)
Senior Steward - Jason Smith (ARMS SoloSport Director)
Clerk of the course - TBA
Chief Registrar - TBA
Chief Instructor – Brian Gay
Chief Timekeeper - Bluenose Autosport Club
Chief Scrutineer - TBA

--Registration Info--

Fees:
$300.00 – Weekend pass (includes Saturday practice)
$240.00 – 2 Day Time Attack (Sunday & Monday)
$160.00 – 1 Day Time Attack (Sunday or Monday)

Registration is available at:
http://www.ascc.ca

Or by PayPal:
paypal@ascc.ca (please include details)

Or email:
solo@ascc.ca

Or via Snail-Mail to:
ASCC
P.O. Box 31120
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3K 5Y1

CASC-OR's 2010 online database for car classing (you'll need to register)
http://www.macrocosm.on.ca/ccdb/
http://asncanada.com/ASN_Solosport/ASN_ ... ations.pdf

ASN Canada FIA Self Tech Form is available at http://asncanada.com/ASN_Solosport/ASN_ ... p_Form.pdf (this form is required as part of registration)

http://asncanada.com/ASN_Solosport/Solosport_Main.htm

--Event Schedule--

Saturday September 1st:
AFRA Track School / Time Attack Practice
Gate/ Registration open – 0800
Track goes hot – 1000
Rotate run groups for remainder of day

Sunday September 2nd:

Registration and Scrutineering will be from 0800 to 1000
Drivers meeting - 1000
Practice session - 1015 - 1045
First run group on track - 1100
Lunch break 1230 - 1330
Timed sessions resume - 1330

Monday September 3rd:

Registration and Scrutineering will be from 0800 to 0930
Drivers meeting - 0930
Practice session - 0945 - 1030
First run group on track - 1045
Lunch break 1200 - 1300
Timed sessions resume - 1330

Supplementary Rules and Regulations:
1.0 These Supplementary Rules and Regulations, Supplementary Bulletins, the Event Schedule and event insurance will be posted on the official notice board.
1.1 All competitors must be a current member of an ASN Canada FIA recognized club or an SCCA recognized club. All competitors must have either a current SoloSprint license (or equivalent as required by their Territory) or a current Regional/National Road Race license. These will need to be shown on request at registration.
1.2 All competitors and pit crew must sign the insurance waiver and wear the provided wrist bands at all times.
1.3 All competitors not familiar with AMP can receive a driver orientation session before driving on the track surface, by special request only, before the Drivers Meeting.
1.4 No speeding/reckless driving will be tolerated on the paved/unpaved roads leading to AMP. This applies to all competitors and their crews. If anyone is caught speeding or reckless driving the applicable driver will loose his or her fastest time of the day (second fastest time will be used for scoring)
1.5 Clerk of the course reserves the right to drop/alter sessions. If a run session is dropped for one group then all groups would drop that same run session.
1.6 Drivers or one of their crewmembers must attend all drivers meetings.
1.7 All competing vehicles must have a fire extinguisher of minimum 2.5lb BC type secured in their car.
2.0 No passengers allowed during timed runs
2.1 Safe passing zones during practice/ instructional periods will be between turns 6 and 7 and turns 11 and 1. These will be marked with pylons. Passing is only allowed with hand signals given from driver of vehicle being overtaken. Overtaken vehicle will slow and let vehicle pass safely on the left.
2.2 Vehicles on track- Windows must be 3/4 up or all the way down. If all the way down it is highly recommended that you have either the proper safety window netting or arm restraints.
2.3 All sunroofs/ T tops must be installed and in their locked positions.
2.4 All convertible tops must be up and secured.
2.5 Red Flag - Used to inform ALL drivers to slow down immediately, to first gear speed, and proceed to nearest marshal station and await further instructions.
2.6 Yellow Flag – Informs the driver to slow down and make space from the vehicle ahead, but to proceed at a pace so as not to slow the vehicle behind. The lap on which the flag is displayed will not be scored and a rerun will be granted, for that lap.
2.7 Black Flag - proceed to the pit lane, stop at the first pit stall as you enter pit lane and await instructions to be given to you by the clerk of the course.
2.8 Fuelling is only permitted in the paddock area, not pit lane. All teams must have a fire extinguisher on hand during fuelling.
2.9 Please ensure that you have adequate fuel for the day, it’s a 20-30 minute trip for fuel. ASCC will have some fuel available on site, but not a lot.
2.10 Clothing- competitors, passengers and crewmembers alike should wear long sleeved shirts, and shall wear long pants, fully enclosed footwear (no sandals, etc) while in pit lane or the track.
2.11 Motorized vehicles- ( atv's, motorcycles, etc.) Drivers of such vehicles must obey pit speed limit (15 kph) and drive prudently. Pit Lane and the track are off limits to all such vehicles unless permission is given by the clerk of the course.
2.12 Impound - After your run group has finished it’s allotted runs for the day you will be directed to the impound for 30 minutes where your vehicle will be available for viewing by your fellow competitors- leave your car open for inspection. Do not move your vehicle unless directed to do so by the impound marshal.
2.13 Car Modification info - in impound competitors shall make available upon request by fellow competitors, the preparation (PIP) schedule and, if the relevant option (s) are taken dyno plots and curb weight measurement detail. Failure to produce those materials could be cause for inquiry.
2.14 Below stock HP dyno plots will not be accepted.
3.0 Timing and Scoring:
Class Propositioning will not be used to calculate class championship points therefore Rules 3.2.2, 3.2.3, 3.2.4, 3.2.5 and 3.3.1 of the 2010 ASN Canada FIA National Time Attack Regulations will not be in effect.
3.1 The start and finish lines are located directly adjacent to the starters bridge.
3.2 Competitors will be divided into two or more run groups. Each competitor will have a total of 12 timed runs per day, 3 or 4 sessions on track each with 3 or 4 timed runs per session.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:26 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Online pre-registration and Payment are now available: http://www.ascc.ca/?p=832

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

As Promised, I will try and keep this list up to date as people register.

1. Hiro Inoue
2. David Craig
3. Alan Gray
4. Shawn Gayton
5. David English
6. Matt English
7. Luc Sipkema
8. Rob Barker
9. Trevor Gray
10. Fadil Shabiu
11. Marc-André Hachey
12. Gabriel Olivadoti
13. Derrick Clarke
14. Shawn Clarke
15. Trevor Rivett
16. Ming Wong
17. Scott Watts
18. Craig English
19. Cem Cinar
19. Mark Chedrawe
20. Taylor MacArthur

Please note as per the SUPP Regs we need 16 people pre-registered by 08/26/12. That is only 7 Days away!!

Updated Aug 26/12 @11:07am

:troll:

2013 Mazda 3 Skyactive Sport
#18 1993 Civic - Slalom/Time Attack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:02 pm 
2nd Gear
2nd Gear

Can we go to the Lapping day on the first, and then camp the night?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:14 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

I believe so, but am not sure. I'll look into it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:44 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

I'll be there assuming the car survives Tremblant 8O

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:45 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Dylan Warrick wrote:
Can we go to the Lapping day on the first, and then camp the night?

Yes you will be able to camp over night.

Rob Barker wrote:
I'll be there assuming the car survives Tremblant 8O

Here is to hoping the car survives!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:01 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Hello out there..... where are you all??? I had figured that everyone who had signed up for the last event would have been online and signed up as soon as the SUPP Regs were posted. While I do still have the PayPal information for those that had paid for the last Event, I still need you to contact me to confirm that we are able to transfer that money for use for this event and that you do not need it refunded.

If you know of someone who is "sitting on the fence" get them to sign up now. Don't forget that as was stated before we are not asking for a payment right now. We are asking you to confirm that you intend on attending the event by either signing up online, or by emailing/ PM'ing myself or one of the ASCC Executive.

If it is the money that is your concern, don't forget that there is a few different options available.

Let's all band together and make this event a Success!!!! I feel confidant in saying that this is THE cheapest track time you will find ANYWHERE. Not Just in North America, but in the world. $300 for 3 days of Track time is an unbelievable value!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:26 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

I hope to have the online pre-registration back online this week now that I'm back in the country.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:19 am 
ARMS Secretary
ARMS Secretary

Section 5.1.A2 of the pip schedule refers to "non-premium" R-comp tires which are defined as

“Non-premium R-Compound Tires” are eligible for negative PIPs in
accordance with section 5.1A of the PIP schedule. “Non-premium R
Compound Tires” are defined as DOT legal R-compound tires that have a
moulded tread pattern. R-compound tires that have only one or more
circumferential groove are not deemed to have a moulded tread pattern and
are “Premium R-Compound Tires”.

The references in the section refer to some specific tires being "Premium". Last year I ran V710's which are premiums, this year I am running NT-01's which do have a moulded tread pattern, therefore as I read it they should be eligible for -5 pips and gettinmg us back to GT1 from SGT3.

Could someone please confirm my interpretation of the rules.

Here is a picture of the NT-01

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff18 ... CN1830.jpg

'01 DHG Mustang Bullitt #16
'16 GTI w/PP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:15 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Hi Alan, I have always read the rules the same as you when I have done car classing for people. Premium being, Hoosier R6 & A6, Kumho V710, Hankook Z214, Goodyear RS-A... that type of tire. Nitto Nt-01, Toyo RA-1, Toyo R888... are non-premium.

#51 Vantage Motorsports

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Online pre-registration for this event has been restored at the same address as listed above.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:45 pm 
ARMS Secretary
ARMS Secretary

Brian Gay wrote:
Hi Alan, I have always read the rules the same as you when I have done car classing for people. Premium being, Hoosier R6 & A6, Kumho V710, Hankook Z214, Goodyear RS-A... that type of tire. Nitto Nt-01, Toyo RA-1, Toyo R888... are non-premium.

Thanks Brian!

'01 DHG Mustang Bullitt #16
'16 GTI w/PP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:26 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Only 25 Days left until the Cut-Off and only 3 confirmed attendee's?????

Where is everyone????

Remember if you signed up for; and or paid, for the first event that was canceled, you still need to contact me to re-register and give me your permission to use your previous payment for this event.

And if you know of anyone who is interested, remind them that there is a cut off in 25 days and that they need to get their information to me.

There are roughly 107 people in this region who are licensed to participate in a Time Attack. So we require a grand total of 15% of all licensed drivers in the region to participate to make this event a go.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:30 pm 

We will beat the Time Attack drum at the AFRA Track Day on Monday, if we get 12 people. :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:30 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

You should have my entry in there, just filled it out and sent int he money

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

The list of names is up to date as of this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:14 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Quote:
Taylor MacArthur. Here is to hoping the car survives!

Car survived. Now it's up to the weather. No way I'm going on the track in the rain with RS-3s again 8O

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:52 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Brian Gay wrote:

That's what we did for me last year took me down to GT1 as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:25 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

18 Days and counting and we only have 9 people signed up..... where is everyone?

Where is everyone who complained that there was not sufficient warning given last time?

Where are the people who so badly wanted to compete in Time Attack earlier this year?

We do not want to see a repeat of what happened to the last event, so come on.... hit the send button and have your names added to the list!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

just registered for monday

2012 ASCC Autoslalom 1st Place Overall
2012 1st SM ASCC
2009 ARMS AutoSlalom Top Novice
2009 1st ESP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:17 am 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Taylor, where is the email talking about this event, not everyone visits the forum as much as we would like to think. There is a list of names of people who took the HPDS this year and the year before and the year before that...etc. There should be a notice sent out to these people on a more regualar basis.

#51 Vantage Motorsports

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:23 pm 
My wife Dawn has taken the School, and participated in last weekends lapping day. She would like to arrange at the next lapping day to be signed off for the Time Attack. If this can be done she will be signing up for the 3 days. Please let me know.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:29 pm 

Shawn, yes we can evaluate her on Sept 1st for sign off possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:43 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

12 more Days until the cut off. I am hoping that the email I sent out reaches a few people who may have forgotten about this event. We still need 7 more to make the minimum. I also spoke to a few of the racers this past weekend and I am hoping we will see a few of them out as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:59 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

i did the pre reg but im not on the list

2012 ASCC Autoslalom 1st Place Overall
2012 1st SM ASCC
2009 ARMS AutoSlalom Top Novice
2009 1st ESP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:06 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Trevor Gray wrote:
i did the pre reg but im not on the list

Sorry Trevor, forgot to add you to the list.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 am 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Bump for Registration list update.

Still need 5 Drivers to sign up.

Don't forget that there is only 10 days left until the cut off!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:32 pm 

Last edited by Gabriel O on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:46 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Gabriel Olivadoti wrote:
I just pre registered for the full 3 days.

I will add your name to the list!!