It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:37 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

I would like to take a moment to thanks those who made this event possible:

Route Crew: John Pearce, Harold Merklinger

Checkpoint co-ordinator: John Pearce

Checkpoint Crews: Alan and Elaine Gray, Harold Merklinger and Barb Trenholm, Andy Mitchell and Malcom Swann, Sherrie Hennigar and Charlotte Partridge, John Pearce and Jim Theriault.

I would also like to thank Gord and Jordan Sleigh for their assistance at the start, the staff of Sobey's, and especially the staff of Bitar's Pasta in Elmsdale who accomodated our slightly altered schedule.

A big thanks to Jim Theriault for stepping up to learn the inner workings of how a Navex Rally gets put together.

Finally, a big thanks to those who came out for the event. Nice to see so many new faces, I hope we'll see some of them again.

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS????"

"Great, now we're gonna get frikken' yelled at....."
"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:34 am 
4th Gear
4th Gear

Thanks to Ian and Jim, all the checkpointers, and everybody else.

It was a great night, challenging route. The roads were rough, but not too bad. Lots of animals. It scared the crap out of me when I came around a parked truck and saw a deer 15' off the road, 6' off the ground and moving, quickly, straight up. Some guys hanging their catch, I guess/hope.
Lost a tail light (bulb), and almost a wheel at another point. Will have to check that out later.

We had tons of fun, and it was great to see lots of new faces. I hope they had fun, and I really hope they come back!

Looking forward to next year already!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:45 am 
Overdrive
Overdrive

I have a small Biege and Black notebook that was left at the finish last night.

-I

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:16 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Kudos to all the volunteers who helped with this well run event. Nicely done. Perfect weather. Very nice ending at Bitars. Although this wasn't my first TSD, it certainly was for my brother Greg and his daughter Jenna & her BF Josh Roberts. Although Greg was a little bit green from some of my driving antics, he had a blast of a time as a first time competitor of any motorsport event. I did have to show him what a full drift gravel slide felt like. :mrgreen: Don't tell the wife that we got her little Accent a little dirty. :wink: Greg said he'd be back for another event for sure.

Jenna & Josh are just 16 and they did just get their driving licenses this past summer. So, at first we were not too sure about if they should enter this event especially at night, but they both tried very hard to convince us that they were up for it. And Jenna wanted to get her "new" 07 Impreza SE dirty for the first time. Her and Josh did finish much better than expected indeed! These two kids had so much fun with this event, they cant wait for the next one.

Jenna is starting to talk smack already. She said that they would have beaten us for sure if they didn't go off route that one time.... I told her that the motorsport world has been full of should-a-would-could-a's since Fred Flintstone invented the stone wheel. Welcome to Motorsports Kid!! :D

BTW, I think for next time Clarke & Brian should have to do the event with their ODO taped over & just use their stop watch. This was too easy for those two...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:17 pm 
ARMS License Registrar
ARMS License Registrar

Ian the book is Bill's. I was supposed to look for it but I forgot.
Thanks for putting on a very interesting rally. We had a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

After deliberation with the Regional Rally Director, and sorting of some scoring issue that may have occured on Saturday evening, I present the results:

Experienced-Equipped

Anwyll/Partridge 20 pts

Experienced

Paynter/Bourbonniere 0 pts
Eakin/Sleigh 180 pts
Partridge/Whitehead 204 pts
Roberts/Beattie 253 pts

Novice:

Williams/Macintosh 5 pts
Perron/Williams 9 pts
McNutt/McNutt 26 pts
Roberts/McNutt 43 pts
Drysdale/Hannam 142 pts

We elected to disregard Max Late, given the nature of the results.

I would again like to thank everyone who assisted in the event, and those who entered. I hope a good evenings entertainment was provided.

-The organizing commitee.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:41 am 
ARMS Vice President
ARMS Vice President

Thanks very much Ian! It was a lot of fun and we'll definitely do one of these again!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:11 pm 
I was working as pit crew for the Saint John teams during the Bras D'or and kept wondering what happened to Joe while I waited at the service point :roll:

First thing he told me when they towed the wreck in was "Hmmm, I thought it would hurt more ...next time I'll go faster"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:22 pm 
Irregular Member
Irregular Member

anamta wrote:
I was working as pit crew for the Saint John teams during the Bras D'or and kept wondering what happened to Joe while I waited at the service point :roll:

First thing he told me when they towed the wreck in was "Hmmm, I thought it would hurt more ...next time I'll go faster"

Hey Anamta, you any relation to Angel? ...because that's what I wrote in another post a long time ago; word for word :?

Stacy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:39 pm 
ARMS Treasurer
ARMS Treasurer

There you go Brian Bent!! We've got another possible woman for ya!! Good luck to you, buddy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:39 pm 
4th Gear
4th Gear

This isn't going to make any sense after the mods delete the above post, but...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:06 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

It's still a great quote regardless. :)

1997 Talon TSi AWD
2008 EVO X MR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:35 pm 
ARMS Performance Solo Director
ARMS Performance Solo Director

Stacy Chapman wrote:
anamta wrote:

Hey Anamta, you any relation to Angel? ...because that's what I wrote in another post a long time ago; word for word :?

Stacy

I watched said event happen, had he slowed down a bit it also wouldn't have happened. Best part was John Buffum and TSN had just moved up the road just before Joey came along. Good times! Scary for a kid, especially since Dad and Darrell were still to come through.