ATLANTIC REGION MOTOR SPORTS
The governing body of amateur motor sport within Atlantic Canada
ARMS Homepage
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Regional #1 ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:57 pm 
Is there any talk of a rescheduled date for the first Regional Navigational rally of 2012? There was talk of a date in March, but as plans keep filling weekends, I am hoping to find out soon when it may be held.

Post subject: Re: Regional #1 ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:54 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Still not on the calendar unfortunately. I'm not sure the organizer currently even has a seasonal estimate. We're pretty close (if not into) the time of year when the roads may not be usable. It may have to wait and run as a summer or later event at this point, though I leave that up to him to decide.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:43 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Yes, that sounds like a decent summary.

Very sorry Chris, et all. Life kinda got in the way this year. A bit of my doing, but most of it not.

If and when we get back on track for this, we will give the MOST notice possible. It's not in my plan to spring into an event with only short notice.

Again, sincerest regrets.

-The organizing team.

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS????"

"Great, now we're gonna get frikken' yelled at....."
"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:31 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Ian, is there anything that some members could help you out with? I'm happy to volunteer some time if it is of any use to you or the organizational team.

84 Volvo 245 - ? TBD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:43 pm 
Overdrive
Overdrive

Thank you very much for the offer Matt.

It's a complex problem: Yes, there is lots that needs to be done, but most of it is things that you can't get someone to do if they may wish to compete.

As an organizer, I look forward to having a good turnout. I think in some measure it makes it feel more worth wild. Having said that, I have competed in some VERY good Navex events, that had fairly low entry numbers.

When it comes to organizing an event then, I stay away from asking for help from most people, in the hopes that those people will come out and enter. There is a group of checkpoint crews, who don't generally compete, that we are lucky enough to have. Some are former competitors, some are folks who simply wish to help out. We owe them a great debt of thanks.

This year has had some requirements of my time that I've not had to work with in years past. This has been most of the issue for the delay/postponement of the first regional. I'm hoping things will return to normal for me in the next year.

Going to come back to this in a bit: Stay tuned....

Back:

So Matt: in relation to your offer: I do have something that I need a person for that will take about half a day out on the road. I've not asked for help though, because I want to hold out hope that they could be convinced of entering. (just to be clear, I have someone for this, but it's just me finding the time yet again)

I have hope that You, Joe and the mighty S70 will be on the entry list, and once I use you for this task, you can't enter. (You'll know too much. :) )

It's a situation that in someways is unique to rallying. Seeing a road, knowing a turn, checking on a checkpoint location.... These things all could lend an unfair advantage to a team.

What strikes me most about the past month and a half, is that there have been a lot of people asking about the event. That is a very positive sign that so many are interested.

I'll continue to beaver away in the background. 8O

-I

"That is on the floor..... in fifth..... 6500????..." -Buffum to Smith (140mph+, Rallye Charlevoix.....)

"A HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS????"

"Great, now we're gonna get frikken' yelled at....."
"Let the record show that the evening degenerated at 2022hrs..... Duly noted..."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:52 pm 
3rd Gear
3rd Gear

Well, Joe and I are planning on entering the Swedish ICBM (Inter-Continental Ballistic Meatball), so I'd rather avoid a conflict of interest. If there is anything outside of that though, hit me up.

84 Volvo 245 - ? TBD